Reports like this illustrate why we are passionate and loyal in supporting organisations like RSL Queensland who selflessly exist to service our veteran community.
1. Approximately 5.3 per cent homelessness of Australian veterans who left the Australian Defence Force (ADF) between 2001 and 2018...higher than that for the general population (1.9%).
2. Higher levels of psychological distress and post-traumatic stress symptoms
3. Less contact with family and friends
4. Lower levels of satisfaction with partner and children
5. Engaging in risky behaviours (e.g. driving, gambling)
6. Smoking and use of recreational drugs
7. Higher likelihood for arrest or conviction for a crime
8. A greater number of lifetime traumatic events.
Full report can be found here: Link